There are currently no vacancies
All ongoing vacancies are advertised on the APS Jobs website.
Questions? Contact recruitment on 02 6229 8800 or email careers [at] cgc.gov.au
Our recruitment process is all about getting the right people into the right jobs. We look for people from a variety of backgrounds, academic disciplines and industry sectors.
How can I apply?
Email your application to careers [at] cgc.gov.au (subject: Application%3A) , including:
- the role you are applying for
- completed application cover sheet
- your resume, including the contact details of two referees
- a ‘one page pitch’ in 1,000 words or less, telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications makes you the best person for the job.
The CGC does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
What should I include in my resume?
The quality of your resume creates the vital first impression we have of you. As a minimum, you should ensure that you include the following elements:
- Personal Details – include your name, contact email address and phone numbers.
- Education – provide details of any education and qualifications that relate to the job you are applying for.
- Work Experience – include relevant work experience and outline the main responsibilities and achievements that relate to the job you are applying for. Organise your employment history in chronological order, starting with the most recent, and indicate actual dates of employment. Make sure to explain any gaps in time.
- Other Experience – if relevant, briefly mention any extra-curricular activities, interests or volunteer/community work that you participated in and highlight what you gained from that experience.
- Referees – include the name and contact details of two professional referees who can validate and support your application.
- Layout – the standard resume length is between two to four pages. Use an easy to read font and a simple, consistent format. Use bullet points to break up text. Place key information on the front page where it can be noticed. Highlight important facts, and ensure that you can back them up with examples if asked at interview.
What should I include in my one page pitch?
Your one page pitch is a chance to tell us why you are the right person for the job. We want to know why you want to work at CGC, why you are interested in the role, what you can offer us, and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role. In a nutshell – why should we hire you?
Try not to duplicate information that can already be found in your resume, but do highlight any specific examples or achievements that will demonstrate your ability to perform the role. You should consider the APSC work level standards capability framework which sets out the core capabilities for all staff and the skills and behaviours required at each classification level. Do not exceed the 1,000 word limit.
How will my application be assessed?
Your application will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate that you possess, or have the real potential to develop, the required skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform the role. These requirements are based on the information provided to you as part of the job advertisement.
The selection of staff to the CGC is based on the relative merit of the applicants in relation to the specified selection criteria. The selection method used between selection processes may vary, however, each process will be managed with consistency. These may include making an assessment based on application and referee input alone, or conducting interviews, and/or conducting performance tests (written or practical).
Successful applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or, subject to approval of the Agency Head, hold the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment
- obtain, and maintain, a baseline security clearance through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency
Failure to satisfy any of these conditions may result in the withdrawal of an offer of employment or termination of employment.
Please complete the application cover sheet and include it with your application.
Application Cover Sheet (DOCX 293 KB)
Enterprise Agreement 2015 - 2018 (PDF 739 KB)
Enterprise Agreement 2015 - 2018 (DOCX 117 KB)
Section 24-1 determination (PDF 528 KB)
Section 24-1 determination (DOCX 44 KB)
The Secretary of the CGC made a determination under subsection 24(1) of the Public Service Act 1999, effective 23 December 2018. The determination supplements the terms and conditions of the Commonwealth Grants Commission's Enterprise Agreement 2015 - 2018 (the Agreement).
For terms and conditions of employment, please see the Agreement.
For salary rates effective 23 December 2018 onwards, please see the determination.